On the final day of the 96th annual meeting of the American Meteorological Society in New Orleans, Louisiana, NCEI is pleased to invite you to an executive forum (link is external) featuring dialogue between government, industry, and academic leaders about the role of environmental information in fostering greater resilience in the energy sector. The event will feature an executive panel to discuss the challenges and opportunities of employing data products and analytics to enhance resilience in the energy industry.
For more details on the workshop's speakers, panelists, and discussions, see the agenda (link is external).
Featured speakers at the event include:
- Steve Volz, Assistant Administrator for Satellite and Information Services, National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NOAA NESDIS)
- Tom Karl, Director, National Centers for Environmental Information (NOAA NCEI)
Confirmed industry panel speakers include:
- Cheryl Maletich, Vice President, Distribution System Operations, ComEd (link is external)
- Aaron Strickland, Emergency Operations, Georgia Power/Southern Company (link is external)
- Kent Mathis, Analytics Manager, Jacksonville Electric Authority (link is external)
- Phil Hanser, Principal, The Brattle Group (link is external)
The workshop will be on Thursday, January 14, 2016, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. CT at the New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center. There is also an option to attend via webcast. There is no cost to register, but advanced registration (link is external) is requested. Event attendees are not required to be registered for the AMS Annual Meeting.
Read the original article on the NCEI website: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/workshop-moving-environmental-data-resilience