GST provides government customers with subject matter experts whose expertise includes program and policy development, solicitation preparation and dissemination, and position paper preparation. Recent examples include the following:
- Evaluated capabilities and limitations of candidate standards and protocols for transporting satellite telemetry across a wide area network and made recommendations for the appropriate configuration for the U. S. Department of the Air Force’s Space and Missile System Center.
- In conjunction with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, supported the interagency Consultative Committee for Space Data System (CCSDS), especially the Cross Support Transfer Service Working Group (CCSDS).
- Examined potential savings in NASA enterprise-wide science data and information systems costs through the creation of a market for re-usable components.
- Have for 11 years consulted with NASA program managers on the preparation of scientific, technical, and education/public outreach solicitations and federal business opportunity announcements in conjunction with the Sponsored Research and Education Support Program.
- On the Climate Data Records (CDR) Program for the NOAA National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), GST provides science and technology support that includes CDR grant competition preparation, documentation, and monitoring.