Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST), a growing scientific and high technology company, is seeking an experienced information technology professional to support our Corporate headquarters office. Position is available in either Greenbelt, MD or Fairmont, WV.
Provide overall System-Network Administration support with an ability to lead/guide a group of junior IT/Help desk apprentices. Provide instructive Help Desk and System Administration support to the GST headquarters and remote offices. Provide Cyber Security (InfoSec) which would include familiarity with Cyber policy/processes (logging, detection, remediation, etc.) and Cyber applications (forensics, etc.).
Network Administrator Support
• Assist and contribute to the establishment of the network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
• Assist and monitor and analyze network performance issues, as assigned; including availability, utilization, through-put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls, and troubleshooting network problems
• Assist with the network security by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation. Assist the Lead IT for external reviews and independent audits
• Assist the Lead IT with upgrades to the network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
Help Desk & General System Administration
• Act as escalation support for the Helpdesk; responsibilities include,
o Re-image and configure laptops. Maintain computers asset inventory.
o Create documentation for the Helpdesk and end-users.
o Maintain, operate the GST help desk software.
o Provide end user support including desktops, printers, wireless, and mobile devices for all GST locations. This will be done desk side or by use of remote support software.
o Installing and updating software appropriate to the HQ staff requirements.
o Software patches, upgrades password monitoring, initialization, resets, etc.
o Installing and monitoring security measures/countermeasures.
o Troubleshooting hardware and software related problems.
o Provide systems administration operations and maintenance support under limited supervision.
o Assist with GST’s IT enterprise infrastructure support under direct supervision.
• Assist with and contribute to the application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
• Assist with periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Phone (Communication) Support
• Responsible for and support GST’s internal VOIP telephone system (Vonage). Perform as the initial point of contact for all phone services including vendor and accounts payable activities.
• Responsible for the administration, maintenance, and support of GST’s mobile phone servicing packages (Verizon). Perform as the initial point of contact for all mobile services including vendor and accounts payable activities.
• Support the Facilities ticketing (bar code) system for tracking GST computer, facility equipment. Coordinate with Accounts Payable for depreciation and end-of-life criteria.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager and the Director of IT.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field and 4-6 years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certifications with Cyber (InfoSec) Security; White-hat Hacker, etc. highly desired.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
• Must be able to effectively communicate technical information and work status (written and verbal) accurately and reliably to project leads and manager.
• Function well in a fast-paced/moderate-high pressure IT environment.
U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) is required.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to this link: System/Network Admin-Help Desk.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation and gender identity. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.