Global Science & Technology, a growing scientific and high technology firm, is seeking a Contract Support Specialist to support the NOAA Office of Satellite and Product Operations (OSPO). Position is located in Suitland, MD.
The Contract Support Specialist will assist the NOAA OSPO Resource Management team by supporting management, oversight and administration of OSPO Contracts.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and agency information.
• Prepare responses to actions, reports and presentations of budget and financial data for colleagues and upper management.
• Analyze data for discrepancies; take appropriate steps to resolve issues based on Federal direction.
• Support in the Development of short/mid/long term/tech refresh hardware plans, trades, parts lists, cost estimates, and spending profiles and hardware maintenance and software licenses.
• Prepare paperwork for procurement and tracking of existing and new hardware, hardware maintenance, software, and software license renewals.
• Perform hardware and software licenses period of performance (POP) audits, maintain a permanent record of all hardware and software POPs.
• Provide quality of service metrics, security summary spreadsheets, and hardware/software maintenance agreement tracking reports as needed.
• Track and manage OSPO Contracts/procurements and actions.
• Perform project management activities such as; scheduling, budgeting, track on- going issues and documenting resolution, maintaining official documentation/record-keeping.
• Provide budget analysis support including meeting support, providing budget reports, helping in the creation of budget presentations and presenting for review to the projects leads.
• Perform gap and impact analysis of OSPO contracts.
• Provide security document processing support.
• B.S./M.S. in Business or Financial Management with a minimum of 4 – 8 years of professional experience. Appropriate years of relevant experience can substitute for degree.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and interpret budgetary content.
• Previous NOAA or federal government budget experience.
• Knowledge of procurement processes for Hardware and Software Requirements.
• Knowledge of Project Management tracking projects in support of OSPO.
• Ability to track projects through use of databases and spreadsheets.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to use a computer.
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to multitask.
U.S. citizenship is required.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume by clicking on the following link: Contract Support Specialist--Suitland. You may also fax your resume to (240) 366-5994. If you need assistance, please call 301-474-9696.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.