Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST), a growing scientific and high technology company, seeks an experienced Personal Property and Logistics Support Supply Technicians to support the NOAA Wallops Command and Data Acquisition System (WCDAS) located at Wallops Island, VA.
The Property Management and Logistics Support Supply Technicians will perform personal property management services for the Wallops Command and Data Acquisition Station (WCDAS) in accordance with Federal Management Regulation and NOAA personal property management policies and procedures to support a 24/7 operational station. Contractors will work at the Wallops CDA Station, working overlapping offset shifts, Monday – Friday, covering the station from 0700am – 1100pm.
• The Property Management and Logistics Support supply technicians will perform personal property management services for WCDAS. Specific tasks include:
o Management and accountability of station property under provisions of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.245-1.
o Providing logistical support, such as requisitioning needed supplies, the distribution of parts and supplies needed for the timely maintenance and repair of station facilities, antennas and ground-station equipment in addition to administrative supplies.
o Following the policy and procedures for barcoding and entering new accountable property that has been received on station (which have been purchased by station personnel) into the SUNFLOWER Property Management System.
o Keeping a list of property locations.
o Maintaining a list of Heritage, Inventory, Capitalized, and Agreement Assets for reference.
o Maintaining a system of security and accountability for all Government Furnished Property
o Keeping the accuracy of the SUNFLOWER property management system up to date as new equipment is procured and obsolete equipment excessed.
o Completing/processing property movement forms (after visual verification) in a timely manner.
o Carrying out periodic inventories, as well as an annual wall-to-wall inventory as required by the NOAA Personal Property Management Branch (PPMB).
o Responsible for inventory and maintaining stock levels, re-orders, and managing the logistics stores area and developing a logistics management system and procedure to maintain the station inventory.
o Responsible for maintaining the Computerized Materials Management System (CMMS) database noting item description, manufacturer or source, value, count, expiration date (if applicable), location, and to whom the inventory is issued.
• Recommending and disposal of capital property, equipment, and parts that are either obsolete, damaged, or no longer required.
• Preparing requisitions
• Pickup from and delivery to carriers of shipments destined for, or departing from, WCDAS
• Providing assistance to operations and facilities personnel in analyzing, reporting, and correcting of station anomalies through tracking equipment and component failures, as well as performing liaison with vendors for failure analysis and ensuring timely repairs.
• Initiating re-orders for materials, parts, and supplies in a timely manner to accommodate acquisition, manufacturing, and delivery times
• Identifying and maintaining adequate levels of inventory items critical to maintaining operations as well as health and safety of the site’s personnel to meet routine and emergency requirements as described in WCDAS COOP and related safety plans.
• A recent BS degree or a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
• Experience performing personal property management quality assurance checks
• Knowledge of NOAA’s SUNFLOWER System
• Knowledge of NOAA personal property management policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Personal Property Management and Inventories
• Knowledge of Computerized Materials Management System (CMMS)
• Knowledge of federal property disposition processes
• Ability to track projects through use of databases and spreadsheets
• Provide continuous process improvement as needed
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to use a computer.
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to think on one’s feet.
US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) is required.
Selected applicants will be required to complete a federal government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.