Global Science & Technology, a growing scientific and high-technology firm, is seeking a Senior Staff Support Meteorologist to support the NOAA Office of the Federal Coordinator for Meteorology (OFCM) in Silver Spring, MD.
The Senior Staff Support Meteorologist will provide program support within the OFCM interagency coordinating infrastructure.
• Lead, manage, and assist with groups, committees, workshops, and conferences. Groups include the Working Group for Observational Data (WG/OD), Working Group for Disaster impact Assessments and Plans (WG/DIAP), and Space Weather Operations, Research, and Mitigation (SWORM).
• Interface effectively with operational meteorologists, research scientists, and staff personnel to acquire input on a wide range of meteorological topics.
• Assist the contract manager and contractor project manager in establishing work plans and schedules and in ensuring on-time completion of all tasks.
• Organize inputs from a wide variety of agencies, including up to 15 Federal agencies, for the consideration/review of the appropriate OFCM-sponsored program council/committee/working group/joint action group.
• Perform meteorological studies.
• Draft technical documents, directories, records of actions, and reports for publication within the Federal meteorological community.
• Attend the appropriate program council/committee/working group/joint action group meetings and consult with members through the completion of the project.
• Assist Executive Secretaries and/or Chairs of working groups and committees as needed, performing tasks including attending meetings, taking notes, drafting Records of Actions, coordinating input
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in meteorology, oceanography, or atmospheric science.
• At least 8 years of operational experience as a meteorologist or oceanographer
• At least 2 years of staff/project-level experience
• Ability to interact effectively with Federal weather community to work towards project goals
• Ability to complete all assignments in a professional and independent manner
• Ability to perform some travel to support forums and meetings
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
• Previous NOAA experience
U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency is highly desirable.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
You may also fax your resume to (240) 366-5994. If you need assistance, please call 301-474-9696.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.