Information Resource Manager needed to support NOAA’s National Weather Service (NWS) Office of Observations (OBS). Work to take place at the NOAA campus in Silver Spring, MD. Qualified individual will provide technical support to the NOAA National Weather Service (NWS) Office of Observations, the primary office responsible for the collection of observational data gathered and/or leveraged by NWS. The NWS Office of Observations requires a range of support related to the access, processing, and exploitation of environmental satellite data within NWS. This is a part time position. Work to take place at the NOAA campus in Silver Spring, MD and remotely.
• Maintain, update, and extend project Web presence
• Manage articles and documentation for use by the forecasters, scientists, and engineers of the National Weather Service (NWS) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
• Serve as the web content manager creating, editing, posting, updating and cleaning up content for a range of NWS and NOAA web platforms, including mission awareness articles, training material, activity notifications, and static technical documentation.
• Coordinate with technical staff for input and guidance regarding content, schedule, and placement.
• End-user outreach via email and other means
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Digital Media, Information management or related field with a concentration or interest in science or technology and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, interfacing with science users and other programmers. Attention to detail. Experience designing and maintaining websites. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with:
o Hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, and web content management systems
o Excellent written communication, copywriting, and analytical skills
o Strong project management skills
o An ability to work under tight deadlines and independently
o Strong organization and time-management skills
• Experience with the LifeRay content management system
• Graphics design skills/background
• Experience with NWS, weather forecasting, or meteorology a plus
• Experience with website usage analytics
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
• Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
• Must be able to work in team environment with minimal supervision, be self-motivated and able to define plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
• Possess ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on requirements
• Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
• Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
U.S. citizenship is highly desired.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.