Global Science & Technology, a growing scientific and high technology firm, is seeking a Senior Project Leader to support the NOAA Visualization Lab. Position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
The Senior Project Leader will manage a team responsible for designing, analyzing, and developing applications for visualizing, processing, and manipulating geophysical data. The candidate will manage a team with a diverse background of disciplines, including computer programming, systems engineering, web development, graphic arts, education, and communications, in order to provide professional products and services in support of NESDIS Headquarters and communication activities, outreach and education, and program and project management.
• Develop visualizations of NOAA data using a combination of analytical and graphics processing software and visualization techniques for usage on a multitude of platforms.
• Implement strategies for delivering environmental information using websites, social media, broadcast media, and customized data applications.
• Provide scientific guidance to the team and our customer.
• Manage logistics and present at national and international events to a wide variety of audiences, including the general public, educators, and scientific professionals.
• Lead regular meetings of local and remote team members and NOAA representatives.
• Some travel is expected.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Geography, Meteorology, or related discipline, a minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience, with at least 3 of those in a leadership role. Appropriate years of relevant experience can substitute for degree.
• Demonstrated proficiency in logical problem solving and in making assessments of all relevant clues to discover the cause of failures and recommend solutions.
• Excellent analytical skills and high proficiency in advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), as well as experience with data processing in a real-time environment.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Experience working with satellite data, data visualization, geospatial databases, geographical information (GIS) systems, video and animation service, cloud computing.
• Previous experience working in a real-time, operational environment.
• Prior NOAA experience.
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
• Ability to multitask.
U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency is highly desirable.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
You may also fax your resume to (240) 366-5994. If you need assistance, please call 301-474-9696.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.